Open Enrollment for 2018-19 closes Nov 1, 2018. After, administrative approval required.
Steps to enroll:
1. Submit your Online Application.
A TOS Enrollment Form for D401 – Open Enrollment Application will be required for each student.
2. We will get in touch with you. If you have a question about the online google form give us a call at 208-228-5925.
All applicants will receive a notification by email from the building secretary with additional required steps.
3. Bring All Required Documents to the Teton Middle School Office.
- Any appropriate custodial/legal information (if applicable)
- Proof of immunization
- Birth certificate
- Proof of residency (physical address – e.g. electric bill or drivers license)
- Unofficial transcripts from previous school
- Withdrawal/Checkout grades if during the school year
4. Complete the Final Steps to the Admissions Process.
The TMS secretary will stay in touch until the application is complete.
5. Receive Official Approval.
You will be notified by email that your student’s application is approved; a link may be sent for any additional forms that will need to be filled out and submitted.
6. Complete Teton Online School Orientation.
A teacher will contact you for curriculum choices, and to set up a parent-teacher orientation. See the Curriculum Choices tab to help you make that decision.
While You Wait:
While you’re waiting for enrollment to complete, for your teacher to call, or for the school year to begin, please follow these successive steps of preparing your schooling-at-home classroom and orienting yourself to the Teton Online School (TOS).
- Set up your schooling-at-home classroom; decide where and when school will occur. This space should allow each student to focus without distraction.
- Create and post a schooling-at-home schedule. Make sure it has some flexibility.
- Set classroom rules and discuss expectations of both students and learning coaches. Display them in the classroom area.
- Each student should write or draw their personal reason for doing school-at-home. Display it prominently in the schooling-at-home area–in case you need a reminder in the months to come.
- Write and display goals for the upcoming year, trimester, and month: these goals should include milestones for growth in a range of areas (i.e., emotional, behavioral, academic, physical, etc.)